Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Necroposting

Three months since my last post... That's the worst kind of necroposting, when you just won't let something die when by all rights it probably should. Where have I been? Well, I am a married man after all, with a beautiful young daughter, a full time job, and a healthy addiction to online gaming. Need I say more?

Anyway, I spent the last three months chasing the dream, so to speak... testing new Existential Worlds, and perfecting my role in my current world of choice. I have a lot to say on a lot of subjects and way more thoughts than time to express them here. However, as your trusty blogger, I shall take them one by one and do my best.

In my absence, I tested two highly acclaimed titles currently in development, and a handful of lesser known games on the horizon. One is currently in double-sekret mode, so I can't share my thoughts just yet. The other just entered the public domain, and is fair game for my highly opinionated and heated rant. I'll get to that in a bit...

My realm of choice is World of Warcraft. I dated around, but there is just no way to look at any other game with the same joy as I do Warcraft. I don't know why exactly, but I believe after my recent exploits in other worlds, that it has something to do with polish. WoW just outclasses them. Oh, and they just released The Burning Crusade... it's kind of a big deal I hear. I'll get to that in a bit...

So my wife, the intoxicatingly beautiful, Night Elf Priestess, Abryn... and I, the devastatingly handsome Gnome Warlock, have been quite busy raiding with our guild Militiae Templi, and PvPing in the Battlegrounds. You may have heard of us? We are kind of a big deal in the MMO community...

LOL, just joking. My wife and I are somewhat casual, as is our guild for the most part, but we hold our own in terms of progression, having done quite well in AQ40 and Naxxrammas, in much the same time frame as the uberguilds.

So I'm back, you know where I was, and you have a pretty good idea of where this blog is headed over the next few weeks... You also, should have a pretty good idea what I will be doing with my free time for a while, joined by some eight million of my peers world-wide...

No comments: